I guess that we as a society are willing to digest constant regurgitated news on our 24 hour news platforms. If there is anyone dead or alive that has not heard about the disappearance of Malaysia Airlines flight 370, they must not own a television or a radio.

Today is April 2nd and in 6 days it will have been a month since this event became news. Yes, this occurred on March 8th and we are still hearing about it…25 days later. I realize that these news programs have to fill up the day with news, but it appears by all indications that we are in a spin cycle and do not know how to stop it. How many times are they going to make this story one of continuous speculation and total fabrication?

These so-called leading experts are all the same and when they do not know the answer to a question posed by the news reporter, than they make one up.

A police investigation may never determine the reason why the jetliner disappeared and search planes scouring the India Ocean for any sign of its wreckage aren’t certain to find anything either, because they do not have clue one about what happened to that plane on March 8th..

The assessment by Malaysian and Australian officials underscored the lack of knowledge authorities have about what happened on Flight 370. It also points to a scenario that becomes more likely with every passing day – that the fate of the Boeing 777 and the 239 people on board might remain a mystery forever.

The plane disappeared March 8 on a flight to Beijing from Kuala Lumpur after its transponders, which make the plane visible to commercial radar, were shut off. Military radar picked up the jet just under an hour later, on the other side of the Malay Peninsula.

The search for the plane began over the Gulf of Thailand and South China Sea where the plane’s last communications were, and then shifted west to the Strait of Malacca where it was last spotted by military radar. Experts then analyzed hourly satellite “handshakes” between the plane and a satellite and now believe it crashed somewhere in the southern Indian Ocean.

A search there began just over two weeks ago, and now involves at least nine ships and nine planes.

The current search area is a 85,000-square-mile patch of sea roughly a 2 1/2-hour flight from Perth. The focus of the search has moved several times as experts try to estimate where the plane is most likely to have landed based on assumptions on its altitude, speed and fuel. Currents in the sea are also being studied to see where any wreckage is most likely to have drifted.

With no other data available indicating where the plane went down, any wreckage from this plane is the only answer to narrowing down the search area and ultimately finding the plane’s flight data recorders, which couldl provide a wealth of information about the condition the plane was flying under and possibly the communications or sounds in the cockpit.

The data recorders emit a “ping” that can be detected by special equipment in the immediate vicinity. But the battery-powered recorders stop transmitting the “pings” about 30 days after a crash. Locating the data recorders and wreckage after that is possible, but it becomes an even more daunting task.

I feel badly for the families that are waiting to hear about their loved ones and I know that they want answers to their many questions, but let’s stop beating a dead horse and move on. Maybe our need for “reality” television has created a society that strives for any news regardless if it is true or not. True journalistic integrity is a thing of the past and we no longer have any Walter Cronkite’s, David Brinkley’s, or Chet Huntley’s’.

So, in the meantime, do what I have done and quit watching that crap they now call the news.